In this episode of “Ready, Set, Game”, Zamirah and Rachel will be analyzing the widely-popular game, Tetris. What makes this simple game so addictive to a countless number of players around the world? How can we apply the strategies of this game to our lives? How can this game influence real-world thoughts and perspectives? Tune in to hear our thoughts!
- Producer: Rachel Vellanikaran
- Assistant Producer: Zamirah Martin
- Line Producer: Austin Carter
- “Corporate Bios.” Tetris, https://tetris.com/bios#alexey.
- Lau-Zhu, Alex, et al. “Selective Association Between Tetris Game Play and Visuospatial Working Memory: A Preliminary Investigation.” Applied Cognitive Psychology, John Wiley and Sons Inc., 2017, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5836929/.
- “Play Tetris: Free Online Game.” Tetris, https://tetris.com/play-tetris.
- Spencer, Alex. “The Tetris Effect: How Four Simple Tiles Can Help Anxiety and Reshape Your Brain.” TechRadar, TechRadar, 13 Nov. 2018, www.techradar.com/news/the-real-life-tetris-effect.
- “Tetris Can Block Cravings, New Study Reveals.” ScienceDaily, ScienceDaily, 13 Aug. 2015, www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/08/150813101535.htm.
- “Original Tetris theme (Tetris soundtrack)” –
- “Tetris triste” by Crisopa (Free Music Archive)