In this episode, Greg and I will be discussing the soccer video game FIFA 20. We will discuss how sports video games can simulate a real-life situation and bring people together virtually. In the midst of a global pandemic where people are socially distancing, there is no better time to discuss how e-sports compare to real-life sports and how people can stay involved in their favorite sports when they are unable to be physically played. We also examine how e-sports can fill a void in our lives and how they will continue to evolve in the future. Join us on the soccer pitch!
Producer: Michael Mariam
Assistant Producer: Greg Lawrence
Line Producer: Winslow Wanglee
- Davis, Noah. “FIFA 20, Esports Helping MLS Clubs Navigate Coronavirus Shutdown.” ESPN, ESPN Internet Ventures, 29 Mar. 2020.
- Kruschewsky, Gabriela. “Wake Up, America: Here’s Why Soccer Is The World’s Best Sport.” HuffPost, HuffPost, 14 May 2014.
- Scavuzzo, Diane, et al. “CORONAVIRUS COVID-19 IMPACTING SOCCER • SoccerToday.” SoccerToday, 5 Apr. 2020.
- “The Incredible Growth of ESports [+ ESports Statistics].” Influencer Marketing Hub, 6 Jan. 2020.
- Vito, Jonny. “How Close to Reality Is FIFA 20’s Simulation?” PlayStation Universe, PlayStation Universe, 1 Nov. 2019.
- Wright, Chris. “Soccer Lives Online! FIFA 20, PES 2020 Tournaments Replacing Actual Football for Top Stars and Clubs.” ESPN, ESPN Internet Ventures, 3 Apr. 2020.
Music Sources: Free Music Archive
All music by Scott Holmes in the album Corporate & Motivational Music 2: